- on the way you will see the village of Nicolosi which is situated at the feet of the Volcano Etna. It’s from here that in 1669 started a huge eruption which destroyed villages and in part the city of Catania. From Nicolosi to Rifugio Sapienza (1900m a.s.l.) you will see an amazing lunar landscape surrounded by lateral craters, lava flows and a huge basalt mine, everything mixed with a native vegetation;
- Crateri Silvestri are the most popular lateral craters we have around Mt. Etna. This eruption started in 1892;
- The best moment to have relax admiring the beautiful of nature: a small sandy shore, clean and freezing water, huge basalt columns (which looks like a canyon) as a result of ancient volcanic eruption . Everything surrounded by an amazing spontaneous vegetation and wildlife.
We follow all COVID-19 guidelines from WHO and Italian Government to guarantee your safety.
- Pickup and Transfer service, departing from Catania at 8:30
- Guided tour from 1900m to 2000m a.s.l.
- Visit Alcantara river
- Arrival time in Catania around 17:30
- Pickup & Transfer service
- Etna Guide
*Food and drinks are not included