- on the way you will see the village of Nicolosi which is situated at the feet of the Volcano Etna. It’s from here that in 1669 started a huge eruption which destroyed villages and in part the city of Catania. From Nicolosi to Rifugio Sapienza (1900m a.s.l.) you will see an amazing lunar landscape surrounded by lateral craters, lava flows and a huge basalt mine, everything mixed with a native vegetation;
- Crateri Silvestri are the most popular lateral craters we have around Mt. Etna. This eruption started in 1892;
- Trekking on the south-west of the volcano waiting for the sunset. A large panoramic view permits you to see the south-west of Sicily and the peak of Mt. Etna with steam, degassing and sometime explosions. On the way you will see old lava flows, craters a shelter and a lava cave. Everything surrounded by local vegetation and wildlife
We follow all COVID-19 guidelines from WHO and Italian Government to guarantee your safety.
- Pickup and Transfer service, departing from Catania at 15:00/16:00 (time depends on the month: 01 Apr – 31 Ott)
- Guided tour around 1800-2000m.
- Arrival in Catania between 20:00-21:00 (it depends on the month)
- Pickup & Transfer service
- Nature Guide
*Food and drinks are not included